Thursday, August 23, 2012

Awards Breakfast - Quick Note

All of the LLWS umpires returned from the Little League Volunteer Awards breakfast about an hour ago.  It was a very special event which I will go into some detail at a later time.  However, I wanted to briefly note one of the highlight moments during that event.
Cameron and Judy Watts
(Photograph taken from web
page cited in this posting)

This year's Mom of the Year Award was given to Mrs. Judy Watts.  What a story!  See the following link for more details: www.littleleague.org/Page58960.aspx.  During her introduction, I and quite a few other umpires had tears in our eyes.  (Yeah, through my own watering eyes, I saw you weepy boys!  You don't have to hide your inner feelings off the field!)  What a great son she has in Cameron, too!  Before the introduction was over, we all decided to give her a standing ovation since she is also a LL umpire.  Turns out, we weren't alone.  Everyone stood and applauded.

After the breakfast, I went over to introduce myself to Mrs. Watts. I wanted to congratulate her and thank her for her dedication and service to LL.  Surprisingly, she remarked  that she knew who I was and that she was following my games.  Moreover, she was reading this blog.  How cool is that! 

So, thanks for reading my inane diatribe, Judy, and once again, congratulations and thank you for all that you have done, are doing, and will do for Little League.  You are awesome!  And so is Cameron!

No comments:

Post a Comment