Friday, August 31, 2012

A Little Bit of Catching Up Four Days Later

I have been home from the LLWS for four days now and lots of people continue to call, text, and email me with congratulations and questions.  It's been quite humbling to have all these folks recognize me in one way or another.  I need to write on this blog those memories I have before they fade away, but time is still fleeting.  I now have other things I need to do as well - like work.   Needless to say, however, my productivity this week has not been too great.

I've been keeping up with many of my Blue Crew friends.  All of us are having trouble comprehending what we just accomplished.  There is still a great deal of emotion rolling around.  However, I can honestly say that all of these guys and their wives, girlfriends, and fiancés are very special to me and we will be friends forever.

Four things have happened to me since the end of the LLWS championship that bear some recognition.  First, I received a telephone call from the Youngstown paper, the Vindicator, to get my take on the championship game.  Some of that interview was published and I will post it later with a corresponding link.  Second, I was asked to speak before the Curbstone Coaches group in Youngstown on September 17th.  This is quite an honor for me.  The Curbstone Coaches is a local group that invites sports-related individuals, many of them professional athletes or coaches, to talk about their experiences.  Third, next Friday, September 7th, a local TV station wants to do a short interview during a live segment during their newscast.  And finally, today a good friend, Ed Strauss, called me and asked to meet me.  He gave me a near complete set of DVD recordings of this year's LLWS games.  It was a huge surprise to me and I was quite touched by his kindness.  Ed is a great person and an ardent supporter of YSU athletics.  For him to do this for me is awfully special.  It really made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment